Re: pkgfs?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: pkgfs?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:07:11 +0100

   Why not create a magical /pkg directory into which one could move
   rpms, or debs and magically install them.  Obviously, moving the
   file out of the /pkg directory would deinstall and reconstitute the
   package.

Would you like to do this?

   This sort of thing would make sys-admining MUCH easier and might
   perhaps be a ``killer-app'' which makes GNU/Hurd catch on.

I always thought that translators were the "killer-app", looks like I
was wrong. :)

By the way, web-hurd is meant for disucssions about the Hurd web
pages, so I have changed the CC to help-hurd.

Cheers.