Re: Translated Hurd-Install-Guide

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Translated Hurd-Install-Guide
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:19:36 +0100

   He gave the main information in english, and discussed his
   translation problems in german, that's all. If you can't understand
   german, you can't help anyway... No need to get upset.

Since I nor anyone who doesn't understand German could figure out what
exactly Oliver it is impossible to know what exactly he was asking.

If this was say about the grammar, spelling; then yes, those who do
not understand German wouldn't be able to help. But maybe the contents
of the message was about say licence issue then maybe someone could
have helped.

I can for example already point out to Oliver that he translated the
wrong file, he should have translated the texinfo source instead of
directly translating the HTML file that gets produced.

And why should I get upset? Is it somehow wrong to point out that it
might have been better to do something this way instead of that way?