Re: Authentication failure: (ipc/mig) server died

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Authentication failure: (ipc/mig) server died
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:08:44 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:49:06PM +0100, Joachim Nilsson wrote:

> Here's some followup information from my instance of the
> same error. What can I do to fix this without reinstalling?
>
> # ps -A | grep auth
> root  5  - So    0:00.05      /hurd/auth
>
> # showtrans /servers/password
> /hurd/password
>
> Comparing the /hurd/* servers to a freshly unpacked archive (using
> gnu-20020816) I can only conclude they are identical, so there must
> be something else wrong.

I had some problem with unfsck'ed filesystem when it happened. have
you mounted the ext2 filesystem unfsck'ed any time during installation
or something like that?

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

                Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)