Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:48:08 +0100

   The guide covers installation, the shell, basic *NIX/Hurd commands
   and concepts, PC hardware basics, finding more information, and an
   introduction to the skills a new user will need in order to
   contribute.

Isn't the installation covered by Neal's guide? And the shell covered
by the Bash manual?  Maybe this could be made into an general document
about learning about the GNU system, I don't think such a guide
exists.

   2. We'd like to (eventually) have a link to the User's Guide on the
   Introductory Documentation section on the hurd.gnu.org web pages,
   so we're hoping some GNU/Hurd webmaster (Alfred? Wolfgang?) would
   consider taking a look at the guide, and telling us what, if
   anything, we'd have to improve in order to get the guide up there.

Neither Wolfgang nor I are webmasters of hurd.gnu.org; we are minions
of Marcus the great.