Re: libnetfs: translators, symlinks and co

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: libnetfs: translators, symlinks and co
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:18:53 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 07:35:22PM +0100, Gaël Le Mignot wrote:
> * the second  question is  about `ntfs_get_translator'. With  the same
>   'plop' as above, if I use showtrans on the source tree, I get:
>
> (kilobug@kesto, 55) ~/src/mirrorfs $ showtrans plop
> /hurd/null
> (kilobug@kesto, 56) ~/src/mirrorfs $ ls -l plop
> crw-r--r--    1 kilobug  kilobug    0,   0 Jan 13 19:21 plop
>
>   But if I use the showtrans on the mirrored node, I get:
>
> (kilobug@kesto, 216) ~/src/foo $ showtrans plop
> /hurd/chrdev 0 0

This is made "automagically" by libnetfs if I remember correctly (ie. if it
sees that st_mode defines a character device, it automatically returns the
string "/hurd/chrdev x y").  Have a look at the thread starting at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-hurd/2002-08/msg00076.html .

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.