Re: Can't Access GNU and Debian ftp sites

From: grant
Subject: Re: Can't Access GNU and Debian ftp sites
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:04:16 -0500

Hey Tom,

Could you double check your GNU/Linux's ifconfig settings and your
pfinet settings on GNU/Hurd. I did a reinstall yesterday, I used
a tarball dated gnu-20020816.tar.gz and my machine is fine on the network.
I use a fixed IP addr. tho.

My reasoning is you, might have a stale dhcp addr and your isp may
give you a new one if you mess around with the dhcp client on GNU/Linux
a little. I'm sorry I don't know the dhcp client commands to release
and renew your address.

This is the only thing I can think of atm(without my first gallon of coffee).

Thanks

Matt G.