Tarball installation problems

From: Tom Hart
Subject: Tarball installation problems
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:18:11 -0600

Hi, all,

I've been trying to install a new GNU/Hurd system using Marcus' latest tarbell and following Neal's installation guide.

When I try to reboot into single-user mode (the first time) the system crashes and reboots while starting up the Hurd servers. The messages went by pretty quickly, but I saw something complaining about the lack of /dev/console.

I think this problem comes from the fact that the tarball gives me an empty /dev directory (except for the MAKEDEV script). =)

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

  /  Tom Hart                                      |
 |   hartte13@BrandonU.ca                          |
  \  "rmTFM - Build consistent interfaces."        |