Re: This and that

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: This and that
Date: 08 Nov 2002 08:43:41 -0500

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 01:21, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:

> Yea, I really need to get my Hurd booting again. I'm having
> some small problems with my hardware. I run a Tyan Thunder 100
> with AHA-3490 pure UW-SCSI and dual PII-450. Debian's vanilla
> GnuMach works ( if I remember correctly ) but OSKit-Mach hangs
> and any home-made gnuMach fails also. I used to have a small
> IDE drive in my system just to run Hurd but I yanked it out
> and won't ever be putting it back in ( ITPOTT ).

James Morrison is working on the broken adaptec driver problem is the
Oskit.  Perhaps he can comment on it.

> I'm pleased that my patch for Pth has been included in Pth 2.0
> so that it will work with Hurd, but thankfully the native
> Pthread had been completed by Neil et al, so it really insn't
> needed anymore. Good job dudes!

There are a number of apps out there that want pth.  This will increase
the number of packages that we can build - so it's definetly not a
waste.

> BTW I had a rockin' time at Debconf2! US sucks, I wanna go
> back to Canada... waah!

Y'know I've been hearing that from a lot of Americans this week...  =)

I don't think work Visas are that hard to get, and the economy is
nowhere near as bad as it is in the US.  We even have a GNU Hurd users
group in Toronto. =)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--