This and that

From: B. Douglas Hilton
Subject: This and that
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 01:21:05 -0500

Yea, I really need to get my Hurd booting again. I'm having
some small problems with my hardware. I run a Tyan Thunder 100
with AHA-3490 pure UW-SCSI and dual PII-450. Debian's vanilla
GnuMach works ( if I remember correctly ) but OSKit-Mach hangs
and any home-made gnuMach fails also. I used to have a small
IDE drive in my system just to run Hurd but I yanked it out
and won't ever be putting it back in ( ITPOTT ).

I'm pleased that my patch for Pth has been included in Pth 2.0
so that it will work with Hurd, but thankfully the native
Pthread had been completed by Neil et al, so it really insn't
needed anymore. Good job dudes!

BTW I had a rockin' time at Debconf2! US sucks, I wanna go
back to Canada... waah!

PNG image