hurd/term: /dev/ttyp0: device or resource busy

From: Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek
Subject: hurd/term: /dev/ttyp0: device or resource busy
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:00:42 +0200

I reinstalled some time ago (because I broke my system by recompiling the Hurd)

Before the reinstall the system would run for a week or so until there was
a power failure. Now when left overnight it slowly rots away the next day.
One by one my consoles get locked or go crazy. When I look at the physical
screen it is covered with:

hurd/term: /dev/ttyp0: device or resource busy

I cannot log in on the physical console nor start a new ssh session but
I can use some apps that were are running.
Starting a new process seems impossible.  At least in realtime ;-)
I often see the "Suddenly the dungeon collapses .. You die!" (or similar).

I log in though sshd almost exclusively as I break the physical console driver
when I use it for a while.

--
Michal Suchanek
hramrach@centrum.cz