Newbie install problems

From: Wiekus
Subject: Newbie install problems
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:53:49 -0700

Hi,

I am unable to get HURD to install. I used both the J1 CD and the tar file to try to get it to start with the same result. The kernel starts booting but every time it only gets to the floppy drive detection message, after which it just stops, when I press a key the kernel dies with a panic statement and reboots...

Has anyone experienced this? and more important how do I fix it?

Thanks
WB