OSKit mach w/St Pats

From: Derek L Davies
Subject: OSKit mach w/St Pats
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:40:46 -0400

Hi,

Has anyone tried to build OSKit-Mach using a locally built St
Patrick's day OSKit (ie not a prebuilt OSKit)?  It would be great if
someone wanted to post a synopsis of what they did -- the last time I
looked at what doc was available it left me guessing.  I don't mind
that so much, but there were two basic questions that I did not want
to guess about:

  - What is the label to use when getting OSKit-Mach from CVS?  Better
    yet, what is the exact command?

  - What configure options did you use to configure OSKit-Mach to
    build against your local OSKit tree?  Was cross compilation
    involved?

Even if you tried and were unsuccessful it's still useful to me to
hear about what went wrong.

I am still hacking on the random pool for OSKit and sometimes think it
would be good to try it under OSKit-Mach, so that I can see how the
interfaces work there.  Right now I only have an OSKit example kernel
that I've made up and I'm not quite sure if I'm using stuff that is
properly internal to OSKit.  I'm thinking that by using the random
pool interfaces from another system it will clear up some questions I
have that haven't been anwsered on the oskit-users list.

Thanks,
Derek