Re: Let's take Moskus as the Hurd animal!

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: Let's take Moskus as the Hurd animal!
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:37:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Christian Mertes <c_mertes@t-online.de> wrote:
> hurd <stanv@fromru.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> > How you see, that the Hurd animal will be the Moskus?
> > See hem at:
> > http://www.polarzoo.no/moskus.jpg
> > http://home.trollnet.no/sameskolen/moskus.JPG
> > http://opplev-oppdal.no/Fotogallery/images/moskus.jpg
>
> Hum, don't get me wrong but I'd prefer something... cuter. Tux or
> Puffy just draw more attention to them and make the "product"
> more sympatic. Perhaps it is possible to make a Moskus look
> sympatic but I can't imagine how to be honest. And if the animal
> would be descriptive, that would be nice, Well, some kind of Gnu
> is surely nice but too high level IMHO.
>
> Just my 2ยข,
>
>       Christian

 Product? Cute?  Who cares about cute, I want something that stomps on penguins
and other things that get in the way.  I don't think I should go to amazon.com
presentations anymore.  The Moskus is cool, but the Hurd is an aggregation of
things, so I believe a herd of GNUs is a better mascot.  If you think of a
cool free software project Moskus would be a kicking name.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU