Re: netfs part of a console server with server-client model

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: netfs part of a console server with server-client model
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:12:41 +0200

[Switching to help-hurd.]

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Any comments welcome, of course!

I don't have a comment (except for that I like the coding style), but I
have a question:

> error_t
> netfs_attempt_lookup (struct iouser *user, struct node *dir,
>                       char *name, struct node **node)
> {
[...]
>   if (strcmp (name, "..") == 0)
>     {
>       /* Parent directory -- if this is the root directory, return
>          EAGAIN.  Otherwise return the root node, because we know
>          that our hierarchy is only one level deep.  */

Why do we return EAGAIN in this case? I don't understand that (and
neither did the people I was asking about it on #hurd).

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Jährling  <wolfgang@pro-linux.de>  \\  http://stdio.cjb.net/