Re: Hurd FS hierarchy (was Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles)

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Hurd FS hierarchy (was Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:41:42 -0400

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:24:57AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> writes:
>
> > Could you point me to an article or interview in which RMS says "the
> > GNU/Hurd system" instead of "the GNU system"?
>
> He has himself said that both are perfectly appropriate.  Marcus can
> probably find the references, though I'd rather you didn't try and
> distract him too.

I can only say that RMS has asked me on several occasions to use
GNU/Hurd rather than GNU.  There was email on one of the Hurd lists
when the naming issues where discussed, where RMS said himself that
and when GNU/Hurd should be used.  Jeroen can look this up in the email
archive himself.

Thanks,
Marcus