Re: mach kernel boot messages & pfinet configuration

From: Grant Bowman
Subject: Re: mach kernel boot messages & pfinet configuration
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:57:11 -0700

* Grant Bowman <grantbow@grantbow.com> [020422 18:09]:
> * Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> [020422 06:29]:
> > cat /dev/klog > /tmp/file

No mention of ne driver at all.  It looks like it's compiled in.  Any
suggestions?

I need to activate this driver somehow.  I'm trying to get this machine
online and come up to speed but I guess the documentation is too out of
date to include anything about oskit.  I'm looking at code but I don't
have the background yet to be effective at this level.  Sorry.

> What's the relationship between the tarball and oskit?

I should be more specific.  I understand that there will be a new
tarball soon.  Is the oskit going to be included in the tarball that
will be appearing on alpha.gnu.org and linked via gnu-latest.tar.gz?

        ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/

Thanks in advance,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>