Re: Using GNUMach drivers

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: Using GNUMach drivers
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:54:57 -0800 (PST)

--- Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@utbm.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just recompiled GNUMach with support for the ne2000 card (I actually
> have an ISA board which works fine under Linux with the ne and 8390 modules
> which are the one used by GNUMach). It turns out that the I/O address of my
> board (0x260) does not appear in the list of `supported addresses' for this
> device in the i386/README-Drivers . Is there a way to specify at boot time
> the
> I/O address for this particular device?
>
> Thanks,
> Ludovic.
>
> PS: I'm also still looking for help about how to play an audio CD with the
>     ide-cd driver... ;)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2000/debian-hurd-200010/msg00025.html

Has the instructions on how to change the I/O address the GNUmach will look for
for a ne2000 card.

 Or a better way would be to go into
gnumach/linux/src/drivers/net/ne.c:68
change:
  { 0x300, 0x280, 0x320, 0x340, 0x360, 0};
to:
  { 0x260, 0x300, 0x280, 0x320, 0x340, 0x360, 0};

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU