Re: Using GNUMach drivers

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Using GNUMach drivers
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:33:18 +0100

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 04:24:26PM +0100, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> In the (near) future old gnumach drivers will be replaced with
> the oskit drivers. So I suggest you have a look at oskit-mach
> instead of gnumach.

All right. However, I guess the driver interface of some common drivers will
remain the same, so I should be able to simply use current GNUMach drivers
(some of which are actually Linux drivers like in OSKit, maybe older).

I am actually simply willing to play an audio CD under the Hurd, which should
be pretty easy. The Linux generic cdrom driver defines a set of ioctl calls to
do this; I believe this can be done with the mach version of this driver
through the device_set_status() call, is it correct? I just can't find the
defines for such operations in the source.

Thanks,
Ludovic.