Re: rsh problem

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: rsh problem
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:42:45 +0100

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 06:12:42PM +0100, Christian Lynbech wrote:
> When I execute `rsh' as a non-root user, I get an error saying:
>
>         rcmd: socket: Permission denied
>
> Is there anything I can do about that ?

I think rsh needs to be suid.  This should have been fixed in the latest GNU
inetutils package, but apparently it isn't.  If that fixes it, please file a
Debian bug report against the inetutils package (send mail to
submit@bugs.debian.org which starts with the following pseudo header:

Package: inetutils
Version: n/a

rsh doesn't work...