shared libs in /usr/X11R6/lib/

From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: shared libs in /usr/X11R6/lib/
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:06:41 +0100

When I start applications, such as emacs, that needs libraries from
/usr/X11R6/lib/, I get an error that the library canoot be found.

The problem is easily fixed by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately,
but I suspect there is a better way. The directory /usr/X11R6/lib/ is
listed in /etc/ld.so.conf but it does not appear to have any effect.

Christian Lynbech       |
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)