installation

From: Peter McAlpine
Subject: installation
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:46:05 -0500 (EST)

hi!

I've tried the HURD a couple of times, and could never get past
this. I've cross-installed, and have run the network config
command. For some reason, though, I can ONLY connect to my nameserv.

For example, if I ping them, I get a reply right away, no
problem... BUT ... if I try to ping, say, www.google.com, I get
google's ip no problem (cuz my nameserv gave me it), but BOOM! 100%
packet loss.

if you could help me out with this, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm
facinated with the hurd, and am looking forward to adding my newbiness
to it.

hmmmm... a lesser problem I have is with emacs(20). For some reason,
only some of the commands work. C-n works fine... but C-u only sets
the mark... so C-u C-n still only moves done one line. Anyone know of
a fix for this aside from remapping all the commands (I think that my
meta button isn't working nicely either).

OH YEA, one more. is there some way to remap the window button to a
CR? I type on dvorak (which I've already figured out in hurd, thank
you) and would like to be able to pull off those quick "ls <CR>"s. =)

thanks in advance!
Peter McAlpinetn