Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....

From: Michele Dalla Silvestra
Subject: Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:02:27 +0100

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 07:19:51PM +0100, Gerhard Muntingh wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 07:26:56PM +0100, Stefan Karrmann wrote:
> > Make the non-subscriber mails go to some moderators and send the
> > subscriber mails directly to the list.
>
> Don't sacrify freedom for safety,

It isn't a freedom problem (what is the meaning of freedom? everyone can do
everything they like, spamming included? and we MUST receive spam?).

If a message delay for 2-3 hour (I think this is the average time if there
are 3-4 moderator distributed in all timezones) what problem?

Sometimes there are hardware failures that shut down servers and connectivity
for many hours or days...

ciao

Michele