Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:33:04 +0100

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:20:56 +0100, Neal H Walfield said:

> Personally, I think this is all absolutely silly: first off, an
> X-RBL-Warning header is added to all mail coming from gnu.org lists

This works perfectly.  The uk-crypto ML uses the same, well I have to
allow a few poster which are sometimes behind an open relais but this
is not a problem with that ML because it has very good anti-spamming
procedures.

> mail with the ks_c_5601-1987 encoding used in the subject.  Looking at

Good idea; just added.

However, setting mailman to require explicit recipients is a Good
Thing - there is no problem with this:  The ML is public anyway and a
Bcc to the list is therefore silly.  Most spam gets filtered our with
this rule.

  Werner