Re: Hurd Projects

From: Leo Korinth
Subject: Re: Hurd Projects
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:04:59 +0100 (MET)

I have had an idea of a freenet translator
for a long time.

I have never installed the hurd (I do not have a computer)
and I do not know if the translator is possible (or a good idea).

My idea is that you would use the translator like the ftp
translator except when you cd to a directory you get the
directory full of files that matches the "search".

example:

cd debian
ls

... would give all files that a freenet search for debian would
give. I do *not* know how you make translators, nor do I use
freenet, so its just an idea!

As it seams to take long time for me to install
the hurd, and doing programing for it is most
a future dream, I hope someone will like the idea.

I think there is some freenet libs out there that could do
the freenet part of it.

Finaly i would like to know if the idea is just idiotic
or if it really could be something.

Hope you understand my bad english!

/Leo