can't MAKEDEV kbd for XFree86

From: Robert Amble
Subject: can't MAKEDEV kbd for XFree86
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:31:51 -0500

I recently installed the hurd on a partition on my vaio sr17 laptop, after running initial.sh, developer.sh and gui.sh I tried to run XFree86 and it could not find the keyboard. Checking the FAQ I found I needed to MAKEDEV kbd for X to work, only when I do this it complains about an unknown device instead. I am working off the HURD-H1 cd image copied to an extfs partition for the install. I want to help with development on the hurd, but it would be nice to have WindowMaker available.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Amble