Re: New GNU/Hurd project: Crust Display System

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: New GNU/Hurd project: Crust Display System
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:08:31 +0200

Igor Khavkine wrote:

> I strongly advise you against creating another variation on the same
> theme without putting too much tought into it. However if you are
> interested in persuing development in this area. I suggest you focus
> your attentions on projects that either require more immediate attention
> or already show promise.

The main reason for this project is that I whould like to learn more
about both GNU/Hurd and this kind of application.  That is why I want
to write something from scratch.

> Right now we have a working X windows system running on Hurd, and most
> developers are quite happy with that. But innovation and experimentation
> are always encouraged. But there is always the matter of knowing
> where to apply both of these dendencies, please choose wisely.

Well. I'm quite happy with that too, but as I said - I mainly do this
for personal reasons.  If someone else is willing to assist me (with
development, testing, design, ...) I'm just glad.

brgds
johan