Re: Trouble installing hurd-F3-main

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: Trouble installing hurd-F3-main
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:19:33 +0300

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 06:35:58PM +1000, Dave McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the hurd-F3-mail CD and used it to create installation
> floppies.
>
> The floppies seem to install fine and the Grub boot floppy loads the
> images from the /boot directory on the hard disk, but the boot stops
> (without any error messages) after noting that 419 microcode
> instructions have been loaded into the the Adaptec 2940U card.

This is exactly the problem i had with the same Adaptec card.  You must
cross compile GNU Mach under Linux and use it instead of the default in
/boot.  See [1], and --aic7xxx option to configure is your case.

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-hurd/2001-April/004550.html

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""