Re: KERN_DEBUG

From: Maurizio Boriani
Subject: Re: KERN_DEBUG
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:18:57 +0000

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 05:20:47AM +0800, Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please excuse my ignorance but could someone please tell me what I must do to
> make printk(KERN_DEBUG ... messages appear on the screen. I have compiled
> gnumach with --enable-kdb but do I have to pass a parameter on bootup or
> something?
>
> Thanks,

Hi,
        I think, but not really sure, you have to wrap this messages and not
expect to see them on standard outpup. So they aren't printed on stderr but on
another file handle, now I don't remember which it is.

bye

--
Maurizio Boriani -- System Administrator -- Debian developer
http://www.debian.org/%7Ebaux/