Re: Help~~~ can't boot...

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Help~~~ can't boot...
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 18:43:21 +0200

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:48:35AM +0900, vergence wrote:
> I tried to boot to hurd.
> but hurd seems not to be able to find the servers.boot.

You should quote the full error message when reporting a problem.  Otherwise
we have to guess if we want to answer you.  You should also report what you
typed in.

> I just made a ext2 partitioin (partition id 83).
> and made fs using this command.
> mkfs -o hurd /dev/hdd1
> But it is not the Mach label, I think.

DOS labels and e2fs works fine.  Probably specify "-O sparse_super" (it
depends on the e2fsprogs version, you are on the safe side using it).

You did not tell us how you booted it with GRUB.  The Mach name of the
partition depends on the number of disks you have.

Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de