Re: Threads

From: Roberto Diaz
Subject: Re: Threads
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:38:51 +0100 (MET)

> Wow, this is a very big question - bigger than this mailing list.  I don't
> think this is the place to discuss if threads are useful.  And almost
> everyone agree threads are *very* convenient for using in server and client
> programs.  Actually everywhere.  Without threads some things are hard, very
> hard.

But I dont mean to eliminate threads.. just to hide
threading.. for example everyone uses cpu pipelines today.. but who cares?

I mean threads are a perfect candidate to be completely implemented in the
core of the libraries or even in the core of an operating system..

For that reason I put my example of pseudocode using "__thread__" in a
similar fashion we use today (or we used) "register".

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.dtts.net>
http://vivaldi.dtts.net