Re: Formal methods?

From: Chiaki Ishikawa
Subject: Re: Formal methods?
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:17:37 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

>I think it would be much more useful and interesting to reimplement a
>Hurd server in a high level language, such as Erlang (which has a lot
>of support for concurrency) or a concurrent version of Haskell or ML.
>Functional languages are often regarded as `executable
>specifications'.

How efficient the real-world implementation of the
language runtime of these languages such as Erlang, Haskell, or ML?

Depending on the efficiency, I won't be surprised if some
application-oriented daemons are written in these
high-level languages: for example, some type of
encryption/certification servers may be written
for correctness with a small library
for number crunching.

One of these days, proving the correctness and improving the
security of this type of servers
is very important.

--
     Ishikawa, Chiaki        ishikawa@personal-media.co.jp.NoSpam  or