Re: [Hurd-alpha-devel] Re: L4 instead of gnumach?

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: [Hurd-alpha-devel] Re: L4 instead of gnumach?
Date: 30 Oct 2000 11:13:48 +0100

Ron Farrer <rbf@farrer.net> writes:

> Great! Let's see what everyone thinks. If the majory think this is
> worthwile (I do, and hope everyone else does) then we'll see how we can=20
> organize specific tasks for people...=20

I could cast my vote here, but that would be pointless. It doesn't
really matter much what the majority thinks (they probably think HURD
is useless and wants us all to run W*ndows 2000 or possibly Linux).
What matters is what people are willing to hack.

So if you want this L4 project to take off, what you need to do is to
start hacking, and find other people with the interest and
capabilities to help you. Of course, it is preferable if we all are on
friendly terms, but don't worry too much about what others think.
Running code says a lot more than a few hundred postings to mailing
lists.

Best regard,
/Niels