Re: How I installed the Hurd on VMware.

From: Radovan Garabik
Subject: Re: How I installed the Hurd on VMware.
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:10:55 +0200

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:10:04AM -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:

> I was then able to run "dselect", and download lots of Debian packages
> from woody, with *almost* no problems -- a few packages failed to
> configure, but there were clear messages about lack of memory, so I
> plan on increasing the size of the swap disk, and continuing.

any chance of putting the virtual disk somewhere for download
so that people can play with hurd? I can provide diskspace.

I was trying to install hurd under vmware today (what a coincidence :-))
but not having virtual linux, neither space for it, I tried
to untar the gnu file onto /dev/nb0, all went well but after some
files (at random point) the whole host computer just froze...
opened network connections worked, but alt+sysrq did not.
I will try later with some linux mini-distributions under vmware, but
a ready hurd virtual disk will be helpful :-)