Re: XIM doesn't work: "No IM module matching GTK_IM_MODULE=xim found"

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: XIM doesn't work: "No IM module matching GTK_IM_MODULE=xim found"
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 13:30:25 -0700

Hi Akib,

On Tue, Jul 09 2024, Akib Azmain Turja wrote:

>     (dino:14531): Gtk-WARNING **: 02:52:19.528: No IM module matching
> GTK_IM_MODULE=xim found

I have used ibus with Emacs with this code. [1] Maybe have a look at
GUIX_GTK2_IM_MODULE_FILE ?

As a fellow EXWM user, I use Emacs's own input methods now, but haven't
tried to make them work outside Emacs.  I think that would likewise
involve exwm-xim. [2]

Did you follow the instructions here? [3]

Please feel free to post about your progress here.

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://codeberg.org/lechner/home-config/src/branch/history/service/ibus.scm
[2] https://github.com/emacs-exwm/exwm/wiki#input-method