Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 10:40:14 +0100

Hello,

Am Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 07:19:46PM +0000 schrieb Etienne B. Roesch:
> Anything we need to have prepared by Thursday?
> I imagine a ubuntu vm running with vanilla guix installed is installed?

you should have a means of running Guix, and so that your store gets
populated with recent basic things, I would also suggest to run a
"guix pull". It can be a virtual machine, a full Guix system, or simply
a "foreign" distribution with Guix as a package manager.
(I am not sure what you mean by "is installed"; I do not think Steve
plans to install a machine shared between the participants, please
bring your own!)

Then you should clone the git repository as the basis to apply patches,
as explained here:
   https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Contributing.html
I think reading the first two subsections 22.1 and 22.2 is enough to
get started.

Notice that building Guix takes a rather long time; on my oldish laptop
with two cores, about half an hour. So this should be done before.

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Andreas