Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 18:00:58 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 09:37, 白い熊@相撲道 <help-guix_gnu.org@sumou.com> wrote:

> For this reason I'd think it'd be beneficial to fully discuss the Guix
> solution here. Moderators - can you give guidance on this?

I am not a moderator and it is not a guidance.

The Guix project is part of the GNU project; for the good, the bad or
the ugly.  What it implies is documented, for instance:

<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html>

Therefore, we – users and contributors – do not speak about non-free on
GNU mailing lists.  Nothing more to discuss.

Note that it does not mean people contributing to Guix cannot help for
non-free.  However, not here.  Using your favorite search engine, it
seems easy to find relevant information.

As I sometimes redirect people from Reddit (to name one forum) to here,
I suggest you to ask such questions about non-free to these forums.

Cheers,
simon