Re: compile

From: marioBB
Subject: Re: compile
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 19:04:15 +0000

> On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 at 18:46, marioBB via help-guix@gnu.org wrote:
>
> > I play around ghc compilation using guix ghc-* packages, but I've got a
> > problem.
> > When I install some ghc package (guix install ghc-)
> > I'd like to use it in this way 'ghc -o output HelloWorld.hs -package ghc-
> > I've got an error `: cannot satisfy -package zstd` (in this example I've
> > tried to use zstd)
> > 'ghc-pkg list' and 'ghc-pkg describe ' show that the package is available
> > for ghc.
> > Some suggestions?
>

> Could you be more precise about which ghc- packages you installed and
> trying to use?

Hi Simon,

thank you for answering to my issue.

I chose arbitrary package (here `zstd`)

I used manifest file with:

(specifications->manifest
  '("ghc@8.10.7"
    "ghc-zstd"))

$ guix shell
$ ghc-pkg list |grep zstd

I got:

/gnu/store/gagi2sh0wma9vxbdl3dzgdwc64jfqd6r-profile/lib/ghc-8.10.7/ghc-zstd-0.1.3.0
    zstd-0.1.3.0

$ ghc -o output -package zstd Source.hs

where Source.hs is
--
import Codec.Compression.Zstd

main = pure ()
--

I got a message:

Loaded package environment from
/home/ms/.ghc/x86_64-linux-8.10.7/environments/default
<command line>: cannot satisfy -package zstd
    (use -v for more information)

I don't have experience in invoking ghc directly maybe I missed something.

But the question is What do I try to achieve?

Use guix as building and packaging system for Haskell software without using
Cabal, Stack.
Just pure execution ghc compiler using Guix.

Cheers,
Mario