Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium

From: Remco
Subject: Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:34:40 +0100

2022/01/16 18:46, Yasuaki Kudo:

> Is there anyone here who uses Jitsi Meet to share screens from Guix?
> Let me know!
>
> At least in version 90 of chromium (third party, not a guix package),
> it used to work.
>
> With the current ungoogled-chromium on Guix, the moment someone else
> connects to the Jitsi session, ungooogled-chromium dies with an 'aw,
> snap' message.

It (starting/joining a jitsi meeting and sharing a screen/window/tab)
works for me with ungooogled-chromium version 92 from guix.  Newer
versions unfortunately don't which is probably related to this issue:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50773

The last guix commit I've found with a working ungooogled-chromium is:

  08660f7c8880e30aecc05cd6302d2ccd715913e9

You can use guix timemachine to run it (see issue for an example).

R.