Re: Guix segfaults, how do I roll back?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guix segfaults, how do I roll back?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:01:58 +0100

Wiktor Żelazny <wz@freeshell.de> writes:

> I just ran `guix pull` and the upgraded guix is greeting me with
> Segmentation fault. How shall I proceed? Is it a good idea and is it
> safe to relink ~/.config/guix/current from
> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USERNAME/current-guix to the preceding
> profile?

You can use the previous Guix to roll back.  Instead of using “guix”
just run
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USERNAME/current-guix-110-link/bin/guix
where the number corresponds to one before the current generation.

That said: a segfault is highly unusual.  Make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH
is not set.  (It forces potentially incompatible libraries to be loaded,
which is a good way to trigger segfaults due to ABI differences.)

--
Ricardo