Re: Regarding implementing sof-firmware in GUIX.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Regarding implementing sof-firmware in GUIX.
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 05:20:44 +0100

Mathieu Othacehe 写道:
I'm not sure what's the point of letting users build their firmware
if it cannot be loaded.

By bizarre coincidence, I was looking at our kernel configuration for unrelated reasons and happened to notice:

 CONFIG_SND_SOC_SOF=y

For the record, here's what I asked on #gnu-linux-libre:

 <lxo> I found it suspicious, but borderline acceptable
 <nckx> Ah, OK, so this is a known ‘hm’ already.
<nckx> I guess we'll leave it enabled for the same reason as long as it's part of linux-libre.

Kind regards,

T G-R