Re: Regarding implementing sof-firmware in GUIX.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Regarding implementing sof-firmware in GUIX.
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 18:37:37 +0100

Mathieu Othacehe 写道:
Thanks for the package definition. Last time I checked, some devices
required signed firmware:

D'oh. See what a sheltered life I lead! I don't actually have any of this hardware.

I'm not sure what's the point of letting users build their firmware if it cannot be loaded. Looks like multiple projects are in fact packaging
the signed sof firmware, which is non-free[2].

I'll keep this as a great example of OpEn SoUrCe, thanks.

Kind regards,

T G-R