Re: Synapse Matrix

From: Michael Rohleder
Subject: Re: Synapse Matrix
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 07:29:19 +0100

Hi crodges!

I'm running my matrix homeserver with the guix package and basically, I
did somethig like this:

- install synapse in a user profile (I would not recommend the root user
profile, because it's risky to run it as root).
- mkdir ~/synapse; cd ~/synapse
- generate_config > homeserver.yaml
- vi homeserver.yaml
- synctl --no-daemonize start
- (optionally) create a user with
  `register_new_matrix_user -c homeserver.yaml http://localhost:yourport`

I hope, this might help!

--
DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by