Re: Best base system for Guix

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: Best base system for Guix
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:16:17 +0100

Dear Florian (and André),

I found the cause. It was my fault I created a second EFI partition for
the guix grub (to be sure it doesn't make my Debian installation
unbootable) and mounted the EFI partition on /mnt/boot (instead of
/mnt/boot/efi) This way the EFI directory was not top level an more
important the bootcode that was made known to the efi was at the wrong
location.

Now the guix system is woking fine.

Of course now the next issues arise, like "how do I configure postfix
under guix" and what is the right way to make my keyboard layout known
to the system (so far I have added a few lines (a variant) to the
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us file, wich is now hidden somewhere in the
guix-store)? Guix configuration is really very different from other
*ix'es. Are packages configurable at all without writing scheme-modules
for them? An where would this configuration go? Is everything hidden in
some directories in the gnu store?

Cheers,
Alex