Best base system for Guix

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Best base system for Guix
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:59:30 +0100

Dear all,

of course the optimum is probably a pure native Guix system. But if this
is not possible, what system forms the best base for Guix. I've tried
arch and debian 11 and noticed that the packages available in Guix under
arch are way more recent (e.g icecat 91 vs 6x) and more in general.

Also I'm asking myself how Guix deals with different
systems/kernels/base installations and how it decides which packages
will work? Isn't there any dependence? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Alex