Re: Ad-hoc offloading to a server

From: 'address@hidden'
Subject: Re: Ad-hoc offloading to a server
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 21:38:32 +0200

The way I'd do it for now would be:

ssh cwebber@beefybuilder.org guix build mypackage
ssh cwebber@beefybuilder.org guix publish
ssh -N -R 8081:localhost:8080 cwebber@beefybuilder.org&
guix build --substitute-urls=http://localhost:8081 mypackage

First, and only once, you need to authorize your machine to use
substitute packages from the beefy server
ssh  cwebber@beefybuilder.org guix archive --authorize
scp cwebber@beefybuilder.org:/etc/guix/signing-key.pub /tmp/whatever
guix archive --authorize < /tmp/whatever

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers,

Edouard.