GuixSD distro detection during configuration

From: phodina
Subject: GuixSD distro detection during configuration
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:54:28 +0000

Hi,
what is the best way to detect the GuixSD OS during the build?

I encountered the problem during build of realmd in the configure.ac [1].

Some distros have special file in /etc. So my first idea was to use
/etc/config.scm. However, this is not visible during the package build.

Therefore I went with the /gnu/store. This works but I'm interested if there
isn't even a better option.
[1] https://github.com/freedesktop/realmd/blob/master/configure.ac