Re: Librem Mini with pureboot/head don't boot GuixSD

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Librem Mini with pureboot/head don't boot GuixSD
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 18:21:32 +0200

Bonjour Roland,

Roland Everaert 写道:
Without the form (menu-entries), in the bootloader definition, 'reconfigure' runs fine. So what am I doning wrong?

You're passing a single ‘menu-entry, but ’menu-entries’ takes a list of them--even if you have only one.

Try

 (bootloader
  (bootloader-configuration
   (menu-entries
    (list (menu-entry
           ...)))))

However, after rebooting the system, the partition is mounted properly, so it is only during the reconfigure that the partition has not been mounted.
Is this intentional?

Kind of, in that it's working as written. ‘guix system reconfigure’ *will* start new services such as file systems, but this step is only performed after a successful reconfiguration -- and that includes installing GRUB to /boot first...

I didn't look into the service restart code. Maybe this could be tweaked without turning it into a spaghetti mess, maybe not.

Kind regards,

T G-R