Re: simple config with just startx not working for me

From: Andreas Reuleaux
Subject: Re: simple config with just startx not working for me
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 00:17:20 +0100

OK, many thanks.

fine with sway - I wanted to switch to wayland some time anyway.

And I will give eglogind a try.

I did see another thread - after asking
my question on this list - by the way:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/help-guix@gnu.org/msg11407.html

  and the consensus seems to be that this has never been easy:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/help-guix@gnu.org/msg11418.html

  "It has never been simple on Guix System to use xinit / startx,..."

And I would really appreciate if some more care would be given to this:
as much as I like the core ideas of guix, things like these I find
discouraging / off putting - sorry to say this.

-A