Re: A single reference to installed non-binaries

From: Edouard Klein
Subject: Re: A single reference to installed non-binaries
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 16:01:15 +0200

Hi !

I side-step this kind of things by adding a stage in package-y that will
find and replace all references to "bar" with the complete path to the
installation path of package-x, or that will set the needed environment
variable to the full path of the dependency.

See e.g.
https://gitlab.com/edouardklein/guix/-/blob/beaverlabs/beaver/packages/scheme-xyz.scm#L68

Here, xlsxio and tzdir will be expanded to their full install path in
the store.

It has the advantage of not needing to integrate any guix-realted stuff
in package-y, which I would consider an abstraction leak.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Edouard.