Re: documentation-manual translation

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: documentation-manual translation
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:56:59 +0200

Le Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:53:50 +0300,
Антон Вадимович Рыжкин <torm84@gmail.com> a écrit :

> OK, i thought that this function automated. And somthing go wrong.
>
> пн, 19 июл. 2021 г. в 13:58, Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>:
>
> > Le 14 juillet 2021 02:10:54 GMT-04:00, "Антон Вадимович Рыжкин" <
> > torm84@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >Why(torm84) my translation doesn't apply?
> > >I'm translated version.texi, contributing.texi and Top as is.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for your work! Applying translations from weblate is not
> > automated as it can break guix for users if there are errors in
> > them. I haven't synced the translations since last release, but I
> > will have a look at it. Sorry for being so slow!

Hi Антон,

I finally pushed the big nls update. I'll try to do that more
frequently in the future. I had to do some changes in the Russian
translation, and reported the issues on weblate. Would be great if you
could have a look!

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/translate/guix/documentation-manual/ru/?q=has:comment

Basically, some translations are marked as done, when they do not
correspond to the English sentence. Most of those I found are node
names, and that creates duplicate nodes in the Russian manual, which
makeinfo doesn't like, so it breaks the manual generation.

Thanks for your hard work!